Thanks for the samplings! You can email email@example.com
In the meantime, here are instructions to “clean” the derived data that Findings uses for various purposes. This may help restore performance.
First, you will need to get to your Findings support folder on disk:
- In Findings, choose the menu Findings > Preferences
- In the preferences, choose the ‘Library’ tab
- Press the button ‘Reveal in Finder’ in the box ‘Derived Data’
- This will select a folder called ‘Findings’ in the Finder, which contains 3 subfolders
- Quit Findings
- Back in Finder, rename the subfolder ‘DerivedInfoV2’ to be instead called ‘DerivedInfoV2-OLD’ (do not change anything else in the ‘Findings’ folder)
- Start Findings again
Initially, the app will seem empty. Gradually, all your experiments and protocols will appear. It will be processor intensive, as Findings is rebuilding a cache of all your documents, including the search index and a database for the user interface.
If all is good, you can move the ‘DerivedInfov2-OLD’ folder to the trash. Let me know how it goes!