Organization of attachments

Hi Charles,
I often do flow cytometry experiment, where you have one analysis file that links to multiple individual files with raw data. Ideally, I would attach the raw data files as a folder so as not to clutter the Findings experiment - would you consider to support that in the future?

Thanks!
Ben

1 Like

Hi Charles,
I feel one of the greatest appeals about Findings is its potential for great organization by keeping everything related to one experiment in one place. In line with the feature request above for more complicated data the ability to attach folders etc. would be great! I’ve played around with it, but can’t really get it to work. When I attach a folder Findings won’t allow to open it by double-clicking but instead shows the dialog “Choose the file or directory to copy and attach…”. Is this intentional? It does seem to copy the folder (+ contents) into the experiment folder.

As experiments become bigger it would also be great to be able to delete attachments from hard drive from within the program; Findings currently only seems to delete the reference to the data, not the underlying files. An option to delete unreferenced attachments (maybe with the possibility to manually step through each case) would be great.

Another great feature to stay organized (I think this has been requested before, but I can’t find it) would be the ability to search for experiments that are not part of any collection: I sometimes forget to add ongoing experiments to projects and it’s easy to miss them later on when filtering by project.

Thanks!
Ben

update: after switching to another experiment and returning now double-clicking the folder does get me to the right folder, so maybe this is a bug that takes place only right after creation?