Fixed-width font style for distinguished terms

While text-width lines are great, there are a lot of times where I would like to distinguish certain text (variable or parameter names, code or command line snippets) when using them in otherwise normal formatted sections.

Typical markdown allows wrapping the text in ` to produce this (as the editor for messages on this forum allowed me to do with “certain text” in the previous paragraph), but even just a keyboard shortcut and menu option the way bold and italics work now would be terrific.

I miss a feature like this every day.

1 Like

Thanks for all the feedback! I have the “fixed width” inline style as part of my todo list, indeed. I’ll let you know on this thread when it’s implemented, knowing you will then use it every day :wink:

Charles

1 Like

I also find myself wishing for this feature every day. In fact, I have been using backtick notation for some time now in the hope that it will eventually make it into the app and all of my notes will magically gain beautiful inline fixed-width formatting…

Somewhat tangentially, the other fixed-width format feature that I would find really handy would be indenting fixed-width blocks (e.g. using the ⌘-] keyboard shortcut). For example, I might have a list of items and then some DNA sequence or filename or code snippet that goes with one of the sub-bullets, and it would be great to be able to indicate that by the indented position of the fixed width text block.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to this when it does come along. So many features…so little time! :slight_smile: