Copy/Paste and deleting a date

Sorry for spamming the boards but I came across 2 other issues toady.

First, if you copy text from an experiment marked completed into an ongoing experiment, it loses formatting (pictures below). If you copy and paste from one ongoing experiment to another, there is no problem.

Text copied from a completed experiment:
source

Text when pasted into an ongoing experiment:
destination

Second issue, it is very difficult to delete a date after its inserted into an experiment. Backspace/delete only works in a certain special circumstance that I haven’t figured out yet that involves some amount of highlighting text before or after the date. There used to be an X button to the left of a date that might be worthwhile to have a comeback.

On the contrary, that’s why we have a support forum, and we definitely want to hear about bugs. Even if they are not fixed right away, they get into our todo list and we strive to fix them as soon as possible (and trying not to introduce new ones in the process!).

First, if you copy text from an experiment marked completed into an ongoing experiment, it loses formatting (pictures below). If you copy and paste from one ongoing experiment to another, there is no problem.

Thanks, that is a very useful information, as that bug was reported before, but I could not reproduce. It looks like there is some weird interaction with the entry status ongoing/completed, so I’ll check it out again.

Second issue, it is very difficult to delete a date after its inserted into an experiment. Backspace/delete only works in a certain special circumstance that I haven’t figured out yet that involves some amount of highlighting text before or after the date. There used to be an X button to the left of a date that might be worthwhile to have a comeback.

I am aware of this issue indeed, and have some ideas on how to improve the situation (after the 2.0 release!).

In the meantime, the trick is to select the paragraph before and after.