All my notes are lost!

Hi,

I don’t know what happened, but all my notes are lost. Please help me recover my notes. Thanks a lot.

Dong

Hi Dong,

I am very sorry about the issue. Are you using Findings on iPhone or on a Mac? When you say that all your notes are lost, do you mean they don’t appear in the list of entries, or that they appear empty?

Thanks for your patience,

Charles

Hi Charles,

I am using it on Mac. The notes were lost today. Findings was suddenly crashed, and I was requested to add the license key, and after I added the license key, all the contents in my note were gone. But the titles of the notes are still there. Please see the attached pic

I have linked Findings with my dropbox, could you please help me recover my notes. They are important to me.

Thanks a lot.

Dong

Hi Dong,

I am again very sorry about the issue, and thanks for the details. Did you just link to Dropbox recently? Or was that already a while ago? Can you check in your Dropbox, in the folder at path Dropbox/Apps/Findings, and describe to me the content of the various folders and subfolders? Again, Thanks for your patience!

Charles

Hi Charles,

Thanks a lot for your kind help. Findings has been linked to dropbox for a while.

There is a Default folder under Dropbox/Apps/Findings, and under Default folder, there are 3 subfolders: A336DC1B-BCA6-4269-873B-F243A5C96C29, Info and Shared

Under A336DC1B-BCA6-4269-873B-F243A5C96C29, there are 4 subfolders: Experiments, Manifests, Protocol and Timers.

Under Info folder, there is one file named A336DC1B-BCA6-4269-873B-F243A5C96C29.plist

Under Shared folder, there are 3 subfolders, named AttachmentTemplates, Collections and Resources.

Thanks again for your help.

Dong

Hi Charles,

I have rewound my Dropbox/Apps/Findings folder by Dropbox. Fortunately, I have got all my notes back.

Thanks again for your help. Please try to solve this bug soon. It can be super dangerous for us to lose our scientific notes and protocols.

Dong