A bit of coding, slugish notebook

Hi
I am making some analysis in R-cran, just for fun. and I have been using Findings to save inputs, outputs and some comments.
I guess I am pushing a bit, but after 3 plots, some long tables, the project become slow.

On top of this the Update of last week failed.

Is there any put integrate any mild programming in Findings.

Hi @RaquelP89!

Supposedly this depends on a couple of factors, including current workload (R is quite a hog in that respect) and db size, moon phase etc:sweat_smile:

I tried to emulate some pressure on the app by repeatedly copying a ppt file into a note, then instantly switching and typing in another note. For me Findings jumps around the corner like nothing happened.

Do you experience this frequently?

Hi @RaquelP89,

Mat’s experience is indeed more like what I would expect, and thus there might be something specific about the experiment you set up.

Could you contact me by email at feedback@findingsapp.com, so you can privately share the content of the experiment? I’d be interested in getting to the root cause of this.

On top of this the Update of last week failed.

Have you checked maybe the ‘beta’ checkbox in the preferences? I think there was an issue with that update feed, could you try again now? If you have an error, could you post a screenshot? Thanks!

Is there any put integrate any mild programming in Findings.

You can attach any kind of file to an experiment, including scripts etc., but then it’s true you’d need to run those scripts with your favorite app. I have some ideas to improve the app in the future in that regard, but it’s not going to be in 2.0 at launch :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback!

Charles